Love this post by Silvia L. Coulter on LawVision (‘The Five Big Questions Every Client Relationship Partner Must be Able to Answer‘).
The 5 questions are:
- What are the top three strategic growth objectives of the company overall?
- Where is the company spending its R&D dollars? Or, for service firms, research investment dollars and efforts?
- What is the biggest challenge the company anticipates as it looks toward the upcoming year?
- For what services is the client working with other outside counsel and for which of these services will they consider the client relationship partner’s firm?
- Who at the C-level of each client should we meet next?
Which many of us would be challenged to know the answer to – and to know how important those answers are, check out her post.
If you have any ideas about additional questions that need to be asked, let me know